Moving house can be a stressful and emotional process, especially if you have lived in your home for many years and now need to downsize into a smaller home. Often family live far away and therefore support is limited.
For families immigrating the process involves so much more administration than a move within the city or country. Extra help may be required to tie up loose ends as the time draws near to leave.
We come alongside you to help manage the practical aspects of the process and to assist with all the decision-making that goes with it.
MOVING SERVICES WE OFFER
- Your new home - number of rooms, room size and storage space
- Your lifestyle, health needs, mobility etc.
- This is especially important if you are moving into a smaller space, e.g. a cottage or room in a retirement home.
- Match your belongings (furniture, kitchen equipment, decorative items, clothing, linen, etc.) with your new home and lifestyle.
- Decide on what to keep, give away, sell or recycle, to prepare for your move.
- Organise the sale or donation of goods, cleaning services, moving services, etc.
- Assist with related paperwork and closure and/or transfer of accounts.
Preparation for sale
- Arrange and manage building maintenance contractors (e.g. electricians, plumbers, painters) to prepare your current home for sale, and/or to prepare your new home for you to move in.
Moving into your new home
- Assisting you with unpacking and ordering your new home.
We are not a furniture removals or packing company. Our role is to facilitate the moving and/or downsizing process.