Sorting your loved one’s estate can be a difficult process due to all the memories that are represented in his or her home, furniture and personal belongings. It can be helpful to have a sympathetic person not connected with the family to assist with the practical side of the process.
Some of the assistance that I provide:
- An assessment of your loved one’s estate (home and belongings) to determine the extent of support required.
- Writing up an inventory of key items of furniture, ornaments, paintings, and other personal effects.
- Supporting you and your family in the often emotional process of deciding what to keep, sell, give away, recycle etc. This will be done in close consultation with the executor of the estate to ensure that no legal difficulties are encountered.
- Organising the sale or donation of goods, cleaning services, moving services, etc.
- Arranging and managing building maintenance contractors (e.g. electricians, plumbers, painters) to prepare the property for sale.