Juggling our home and work lives, while still trying to fit in time for family, friends and other activities we enjoy, leaves little time to just unwind and ‘smell the roses’. Often we take on too much, burning ourselves out in the process. Not managing ourselves, our space and our time adequately is part of the problem. Email, cell phones and social media mean that we are constantly available, often to the detriment of our health.
Illness, anxiety or depression, and ADHD also hamper our ability to manage our lives. Feeling overwhelmed and stressed can be linked to major life changes, such as the arrival of a new child, moving home, the loss of a loved one or divorce.
I can assist you by:
- Helping you to take stock of your life, your commitments and activities.
- Identifying areas which need attention to minimise stress (e.g. decluttering and organising your home and/or work space, financial management, support required from others in your family or at work etc.) or areas where you may need to step back to give yourself some breathing space.
- Assisting you to prioritise your activities and to manage your time.
- Advising you on how to establish boundaries with the people around you so that you don’t take on more than what are your rightful responsibilities (this includes motivating your family to help in the home).
- Providing you with practical tools to simplify the way you live your life.