Downsizing and moving can be a very stressful and emotional process, especially if you have lived in the same home for many years. I come alongside you to help smooth out the process and all the decision-making that goes with it.
Some of the assistance that I provide:
- An assessment of your new home in terms of size/space available, number of rooms, as well an assessment of your lifestyle, health needs etc. This is especially important if you are moving into a smaller space, e.g. a retirement home.
- Matching your belongings (including furniture, kitchen equipment, decorative items, clothing, linen, etc.) to fit your new lifestyle and home.
- Supporting you in the process of deciding what to keep, give away, sell or recycle, to prepare for your move.
- Organising the sale or donation of goods, cleaning services, moving services, etc.
- Arranging and managing building maintenance contractors (e.g. electricians, plumbers, painters) to prepare your current home for sale.
- Assisting you with unpacking and ordering your new home.